So how’s your pillow game? Strong? Weak?
From daily posts of my home on Instagram, you clearly can see I have a hoarding issue with pillows. Recently, I had to give myself a time out for collecting more. Since spring is officially on the calendar this week, I started some spring cleaning and a few refreshes. Determined to use only what I have, I shopped my own house for a long lumbar. Not that tough considering my guest bedroom closet is literally stuffed with stacks of folded pillows!
And guess what I found?
A long lumbar in the back of my closet was quietly waiting to be found. I had gotten this morrocan inspired extra long lumbar with a Home Goods gift card in the summer. Totallly forgot about this guy. And can you blame me? I had to wade through countless of grocery bags of clutter I was supposed to organize and clean up yesterday. Please tell me I am not alone in this.
I digress. Having a lovely long lumbar of my own was such a surprise! And when I am surprised by something, I immediately think of you. Sharing all the juicy details of why long lumbars are a must have in your design repertoire gives me a design rush. Let’s get started!
The Long Lumbar is Your Next Pillow Strategy
Do you struggle with arranging your pillows effortlessly on your sofa, bed or bench?
Believe it or not, I do not always get my pillow combination right off the bat.
It takes at least a few tries before I am happy with it. And if you are like me, the last thing we need to waste time on is fiddling with 12 decorate pillows on the bed as we are heading late to work.
Enter the long lumbar. It solves the said dilemma in an instant. Want that Pinterest worthy effortless look? You got it. Toss it in the middle of the bed and you are done. You can go get that Starbucks you wanted before the first meeting starts at work. Thank me in Starbucks gift cards, mmkay?
Lumbar Pillow Roundup
- First up is this fun boho eclectic tassel lumbar from Wayfair.
Image Credit: Wayfair
I envision this on my family room sofa. Oops, I did it again. No more pillows for me!
2. Coyuchi carries many California Casual pillows and linens that are Amber Interiors-esque and guess what? You can buy them through Wayfair! What the what? Crazy right? These colorful braided rope cotton lumbars would be a perfect neutral with patterned pillows. Yet the braided rope adds texture. No boring pillows for you!
Credit Image: Wayfair
3. I actually have this beautifully patterned morrocan inspired lumbar by Anthropologie. I currently am pondering where to put it in my home for Spring. To be continued….
Image Credit: Anthropologie
I just noticed, the smaller lumbar here can be put in front of a solid velvet long lumbar to finish a bed too. Never underestimate the power of layering pillows.
4. I am a huge fan of Australian interior design and when I feel the need to visit via the internet, I almost always first stop at Pampa. My Monte round cushion is my all time favorite pillow to style in my home. I was delighted to see that they added some lumbar size pillows too! Take a look.
Image Credit: Pampa.com.au
5. Wanting something more neutral yet visually impactful? This one from the Citizenry is irresistible.
Image Credit: The Citizenry
Again, the biggest benefit of having a extra long lumbar on your bed is simply plopping one of these bad asses down after you have made your bed. (Or even if you haven’t!) Instant style that cohesively wraps up your bedding decor.
Worth paying a few pennies for these right?
Image Credit: Homegirl Collection
7. Blue will always be my forever favorite color to style with. So are pillows. So when you put the two together, I must have it. Nicky Kehoe has become one of my favorite obsessions as of late. Not always my price point, but her design inspiration is impeccable. This blue lumbar can literally be styled and re-styled over and over again in a home.
Image Credit: Nicky Kehoe
8. This next one is high up on my priority list to start saving up for! Pom Pom Home affectionately calls their extra long lumbars “body pillows” and I guess it makes sense. It is long enough for us to hug all day or night long.
I can see my girls stealing this cute pink one away from me! I was pleasantly surprised when sourcing on this website they have quite the large assortment of styles and sizes.
Image credit: Pom Pom Home
9. It would not be a pillow post without mentioning Target! They seriously keep upping their home decor game and every new line is incredibly stylish yet affordable.
Take a look at this Geo Pink Lumbar from their Project 62 line.
Image Credit: Target
10. For my last lumbar I am so excited to share what I found! Not only do lumbars have to be fabric or velvet, leather is an option too. A perfect example of bringing in a rich texture to your bed or sofa without being overbearing. The leather instantly adds a smoky depth to the space. I think I need to infuse this into a client design stat!
Image Credit: Pottery Barn
I hope this inspires to get some spring refresh going in your home via long lumbars. Easy design tips are the name of my game to you. And trust me, this one is easy for sure!