As I am starting to write this blog post today, I am sitting here in full panic mode. I can’t find my WALLET. Lost keys? Fine, that’s a daily occurrence. But losing my wallet is a whole ‘nother level folks. The embarrassment, frustration and loss of control is just enough to make me scream into my pillow. Do you feel stressed and unorganized all the time?
HOW TO MANAGE STRESS LEVELS
I want you to know that I am not here to tout unrealistic ways to feel zen nor pretend to be happy and tell you to grin and bear it. Daily life stress is real. And the struggle to adult every day in this fast paced world of ours? Killer. But the good news is that there is always a better way to manage your time and therefore your sanity.
I am committing to do the below stress relievers in the coming weeks. In no way do i have it down 100% at all. Let’s give it a try together!
- Deep breathing. It is amazing how we hold our breaths when stressed. Do you find yourself feeling like you are gasping for air? Drowning? Maybe you are! Take the time to breath 3-5 long, deep breaths from the tummy. Let’s try it together now. Whew, a little better. Try doing this several times a day. Put an alert on your phone or watch so you don’t forget.
- Make a specific To Do list and knock it down one by one. The worst habit I have is holding all the things I have to do, all the things my kids, my family schedule, everything in my head. I’m literally trying to remember things as I go. Talk about failing fast.
- Stop procrastinating. I think the reason why I hold things in my head is because I procrastinate. If I put it on a list, it’s real. And I can’t ignore it. Well, that’s the most ludicrous vicious cycle I set myself up for, don’t you think?! LOL. *sigh*
THREE ESSENTIAL ONLINE ORGANIZATIONAL TOOLS
- LastPass. Travis and I have used to have the worst password system written on scraps of paper left to their own demise in our junk drawer. With LastPass, all of our passwords are stored securely and no matter how forgetful we are, we know they are all one one place with no blame to each other.
- Be Focused is a cool Pomodoro timer app. Have you heard of the Pomodoro method? Back in January I bought the journal inadvertently thinking it was just another run of the mill calendar. Well, it’s not! Have I had time to practice the method yet? Nope, but I intend to try and tell you all about it after a few weeks of trying it. Here is a link to explain it. Stay tuned for my update!
- You may already know about Trello. I have heard about how great it is to organize your projects and tasks and decrease ineffective ADHD mode that I experience every moment of my day, ha! This is another app I am anxious to try. Currently, I have two blog posts to write a week, keep up with creating content for my IG account, collaborations, creating content for clients on social media and of course IRL design clients! So to have a board where I can visually see, track, prioritize my projects sounds exciting to me.
A WORD ABOUT STAYING ORGANIZED
I hope you found this relatable and more importantly helpful! I may not be able to stay perfectly organized 100% of the time, but I do know that the key to any success is to be prepared. And that means finding a routine and system you can rely on to stay organized.
By the time you read this, I reallllllly hope I have found my wallet, implemented a never lose my wallet system and feel so much better about organizing myself and my family too!