It sure is getting hot where I live, how about where you are? My kids are at the pool almost daily and frankly, we are all getting great tans! Its got me thinkin’ about what I would do with our current patio and what kind of retreat I can design to get away from all the heat. Let’s put our design hats on together and explore!
Comfortable patio seating
First, offering ample seating in any size of a space is essential! Here are some ideas that I find so inviting:
- Serena and Lily Riviera bench in a natural color will blend into any style or color scheme you choose.
- Offset the bench with these Serena and Lily Pacifica chairs. They would make the most dynamic seating area!
- Here comes my obsession with rattan chairs again: These would look great indoors or outdoors. Add fun printed cushions and you have the best summer vibes that your neighbors will be jelly of!
Fun patio bar carts
Instead of outdoor side tables why not bar carts? You can wheel them anywhere you need outdoors depending on where your guests are seated or eating. Or of course, where you are pool lounging and need that drink asap, ha!
- This Serena and Lily South Seas Side cart has got all my heart eyes. I really want to incorporate this one into my home — indoors or out!
- World Market strikes again with this fun affordable bar cart that also has a built in wine rack. Rosé anyone?
- This gold bar cart from West Elm can easily up your patio vibe with some sophistication but no pretension. Love it!
And a definite necessity for any patio is SHADE! I am a big fan of Sunbrella because of their tried and true high quality to no fade and waterproof fabrics. To me, this white neutral umbrella offered by Rejuvenation speaks to my zen heart. Any kind of oasis setting gets all my heart eyes!
Now all that is left is to put in a spa or small pool right? We can dream can’t we?
I hope my design ideas gives you some rad ideas to try for your patio. Summer has just begun so you still have time to do a quick makeover with these ideas! Drop me a line and let me know what you do! I love hearing from you!